Hello, I'm Julie Gilmore, the owner of Creative Portraits and a professional photographer for over 13 years. I've been hooked on photography (and travel) ever since my Granny handed me a camera on a mission trip to Mexico back when I was in the 4th grade. Over the years, I've used my camera on four of the seven continents (Asia, Australia, and Antarctica are on my bucket list) and photographed models in some amazing cities like New York and L.A. In 2007, my husband and I remolded the old Harley-Davidson shop here in Iowa Park into my dream studio.
Some more random facts about me:
- I adore being an aunt, and I'm extremely grateful for my family.
- I love road trips.
- I spend way too much time on Instagram and Pinterest.
- Fall is my favorite time of the year.
- I'm a Dr. Pepper and sweet tea kind of gal.
- I'm a Texan, born and raised.
- One day, I hope to own an old car in a ridiculously girly color.
- I have an overactive imagination.
- I wish mornings didn't start until 11 am.
- I'm an artist.
- I'll bake an entire cake just to lick the batter off the spoon.
- I have over 500 books downloaded to my tablet (and I can't wait to read them all).
- I love to make lists.